Sunday, February 20, 2005

Bathroom Project

Well it's been quite a while since I've posted on here, which is just what I was predicting in the previous message. Since the last blog I've been sick and spent countless hours working on my bathroom project.

Did I ever mention the epic bathroom project?! It's been a year in the making.

When we were shopping for the house here in Savannah we vowed to find one with a guest bedroom so that we could offer a little southern hospitality to friends and family. We found this house, which has the bedroom but the adjoining bathroom needs a little renovation to make it 'civil'. So I've spent the whole past year slaving away to finish this project.

Really my problem with the bathroom project is that it ballooned from the original concept. The preliminary goal was to move a toilet and install a shower in the bathroom. Well since then, I've replaced the vanity top, the old bath tub, and have decided to retile the whole room.

Currently, I've finished putting up this heavy backerboard on the walls and I'm in the process of plastering it all together. I'm no pro at this mortar-plaster stuff so it's not very pretty right now. I'm hoping when I lay the tile on top, it will hide my lack of trowel skill.

Too bad blogspot doesn't host images....I could post a few pictures of my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home