Saturday, December 18, 2004

Pre-Christmas Preparations

Feeling good after a languid day spent at the house. Stephanie made me pancakes for breakfast so that helped get the day started!

I've accomplished some decent stuff today:
- Rented a car for the Buffalo trip
- Trimmed nasty dead leaves from the Banana trees ( did I mention that I have banana trees!? They are great for feeding homless primates)
- Mopped half the house

Unfortunately I did plan to go into work today but I can see now that isn't going to happen. I've had some serious work looming that I need to complete, though I hate going in on Saturdays. Maybe tomorrow?

The holiday season has been pleasant so far, aside from my financial destitude. I wrapped Stephanie's present and unveilded the package to her spectacle. Since we are going to Buffalo I said I would let her open it on Tuesday morning before we get on the airplane. (really there is no way to fit that suck'a in our luggage). She was sort of poopy because she wanted to open it this weekend so I made a deal that if the cats manage to unwrap and reaveal her gift before Tuesday, then she can have her present early. Surprisingly the cats stayed away from the presents.

Now this is something that is sort of surprizing. Our cats, whom to this day have managed to bite holes in anything paper and plastic, have suspiciously avoided this package. I even tucked a kitty treat into one of the fold to see if that would convince them to strike. Still the kitties aloofishly ignored the package. What is with these guys?! This reinforces one of my hyphothesises about cats. Cats can cunningly detect exactly what humans want and strategically position themselves to be contrary.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home