Thursday, March 29, 2007

She's Here!


I'd like to introduce everyone to our new daughter Katherine Ann Malluck.

She was born on March 25, weighing 7 lbs, 7 ounces and measuring 19 1/2 inches head to heal.

I am so proud and happy to be her daddy. My heart melts every time I see her. How could we have created something so perfect?!

I was a pretty nervous daddy for most of the labor and delivery. All the things that can go wrong were constantly on my mind as we progressed through the delivery. Fortunately , nothing bad came up during the progress of labor.

I am so proud of Stephanie for staying focused during delivery and dealing with the immense amounts of pain. She was in labor for 16 hours. She did a heck of a job for a first delivery.

Life is very changed now with the Baby in the house and I didn't realize the increadible amount of time that is required by having a new baby. Basically the baby sleeps for 2-3 hours, wakes up, poops/pees, feeds for 30 minutes and then repeats the cycle. This continues throughout the night so we are waking every couple of hours to tend to baby.

I should also proudly mention that in high Malluck fashion our baby poops like a CHAMPION! She has already blown out 2 diapers and ruined two outfits. This will make for a good story to tell her date before prom.

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger cj said...

Absolutely beautiful! You done good!
You've got a lot of fun things to look forward to....first Disney World trip, first Christmas, first temper tantrum, first bra, first "Daaad!!!" (accompanied by a dramatic roll of the eyes)and of course that all too soon stroll down the aisle to hand her off to another, younger man. Ah, parenthood! Congrats you two!

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to both you & Steph. What a cutie! I can't wait to see her in person. Since she has the bowels of a Malluck, train her to use them for good, not evil. No teaming up with her for world domination!

UM

PS The baby boxing gloves are a nice touch. Your idea?

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss super spam updates. I need a fix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home