Sunday, August 27, 2006

TOTALED!!

What a marvelous ending to such a crazy story.

I received a call from the insurance company regarding my death-bombed Toyota pickup. The adjuster broke the sad news that after spending over $3000.00 to destenchify my truck, the cab still reeked of dead dog.

Apparently the mythbusters are correct. It's almost impossible to remove the smell of death after it is baked into the car in summer heat.

The adjuster said the insurance company was not going to do any more work on the truck and that rather they will consider it a TOTAL LOSS and pay me for it's value. Normally this is a crappy situation because you never get quite enough money to replace your totaled vehicle. Interestingly, in this case the compensation worked out to be more than the amount I paid for the truck new, two years ago.

In short, I should be able to replace this sucker with a better, newer, and less odorous vehicle.

3 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn boy! You lucked out. Personally I wouldn't want to drive a vehicle like yours knowing what happened in it.

Any idea what you're going to replace it with?

UM

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Brillig said...

You should get a motorcycle! One: great gas mileage. Two: it never snows in Savannah so you will be able to drive almost all year round. And three: there is almost a 98% chance that a dog will not be able to die on it…unless it has help.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Brillig said...

Wow, what an awesome blog. You sir have an awesome blog. I too have an awesome blog or not. Boy, you sure are a card. I even appreciate your sporadic use of comas, and endearing misspellings. Well, I have to run (got other blogs to check out) I’ll bee reading your stuff tomorrow for at least 15-20 minutes. Keep up the mediocre work. ; ) winky smiley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home