Sunday, March 12, 2006

New Blog In Town

Occasionally in this space I like to endorse things that I whole heartidly stand behind. This week I'd like to feature a new blog that I just happened to come across that is most read-worthy:

http://thesouthernyankee.blogspot.com/

Actually, this is Stephanie's new blog and it's actually pretty good.

The benefit of me featuring this blog is that Stephanie has been updating her blog with all the neat things that we've been up to lately. If you refer to her blog, I don't have to update everyone on how we got the new house, or the cool bike ride that we embarked upon today out near the beach. Being the lazy butt that I am, it's kinda nice when she's already done all the work for me.

Yesterday I went for a great bike ride in downtown Savannah. The weather couldn't have been better and there were loads of people walking around. It was neat observing some of the tourists' perspectives: At a cross walk I stopped to let some people cross and one lady said "See! Even the bicyclists here stop to let people cross". It made me a smile. Partly because it made me feel like a nice guy and partly because I had already almost hit another dozen or so pedestrians in other cross walks.

Savannah is great city to bike in because the traffic is so slow around squares. It's easy to keep up with traffic without getting run down. Many of the local motorists are also used to driving around cyclists because there are so many people who cycle in downtown just to get around.

Sights from Downtown: Savannah is coming up on St. Patrick's day so all the fountains were dyed green and many of the streets were decorated. In a park off Bay street there was an irish step dancing competion for middle school girls. I had no idea that this riverdance stuff was so popular. In Forsyth park there were loads of students playing ultimate and also an organized game of rugby. I stood there for a good 5 minutes watching the rugby...which is good for me considering I'm not much of a sports fan... because it's really a cool sport. I like how unpredictable and chaotic rugby is. Far more grass roots than american football. It even crossed my mind to look into playing just for something fun to do. Not sure I want to commit to it, but it could be a lot of fun. ZULU!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brillig said...

Wow, you did move! Awesome. You need to post pictures of the new digs. Cool for Stephany starting a blog. You were out of it for so long that maybe if you decide to step out again she will cover for your lazy ass.

Kudos on the boar sighting. You know it is wierd that with all the backpacking you and I have done that we have never seen a bear. I mean jeeze we must have been in the woods for aproximatly a year total and never. I saw some turkey's once, they were trying to flee up this really steep hill away from me but kept falling back down to the trail where I stood pondering how nature could produce such a retarded animal.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

Stephanie's blog kicks your blog's ASS! Just kidding. :)

Hey Andrew! I received your email and got around to making a crappy blog for myself. Congrats on the new house, by the way!

Also, don't feel bad if people arn't leaving comments. I know for a fact that others are reading your blog. They're just not leaving comments. Lazy turds won't register to post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home